Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Oliver & Tommy Jack

It was a running joke with Jacob's family long before I even got pregnant that they wanted their grandson (should it be a boy) to be named Tommy Jack.  It all started when they saw some cute little country boy at a rodeo in Arkansas named Tommy Jack and they never let us forget the name! Ha

So when I got pregnant we knew right away how we wanted to tell them our wonderful news.  The day I found out I told Jacob to call the sign company and have a sign made to say Tommy Jack is on the way!  By that afternoon it was complete.

As you know we didn't name our son Tommy Jack.  Sometimes you just know when a name fits and when it doesn't and Oliver is 100% Oliver and I don't think he could have a more perfect name.  Anyways, Tommy Jack does still manage to come up once in a while and the other day while I was cleaning out the closet I found the banner and decided to show it to Oliver.







It was so awesome to be reminded of that day and all that we have been blessed with since then!! Precious memories and who knows maybe one day Gammy and Paw might get their wish...from someone!

And just for fun these are a couple of the pictures from the BIG reveal night!!



No comments:

Post a Comment