Monday, November 15, 2010

Veggie Tales

My sweet little Oliver is growing up so fast and is developing quite the personality.  The way he chuckles at everything I do just makes my heart melt.  He has been enjoying getting to know the zoo that lives in our house.  He absolutely loves Mr. Piddles and strangely enough Mr. Piddles lets Oliver do just about anything to him. As for Tiramisu well she makes sure to keep her distance.  Now every time I say to Oliver get that kit kat he starts grinning and looking around for Piddles.  Kingston of course wants to constantly lick Oliver to death and Boudreaux is kind of timid around him still.  It is so cute to see him interacting with the animals.  Oliver still has no interest in tummy time or crawling, and "they" say he is supposed to be rolling over by now...ha yeah right!  One day though...I hope!!


Oliver reinventing his Halloween costume!

So on to the BIG EVENT!!  Our little Oliver is eating food!!  Yep after everyone telling me that I was depriving him of the food I finally caved. One of the main reasons for waiting as long as I did was being nervous of any allergies since Jacob's family is one big allergy!!  So off to the store I went and picked out carrots for the first food.  That was what I craved while I was pregnant with him so I was curious to see if he would like them.  We got everything ready.  Jacob was armed with the video camera and digital camera and I with a spoonful of carrots.  We were ready to capture that cute funny little face!  Well we didn't get any funny faces.  He ate every bit of it with a big smile and mmm-ed for more.  I guess he was ready!!  After five days of carrots we graduated to green beans and again he scarfed them down with no funny faces.  We are on day three of green beans and thinking we might try squash next.  I hope he continues to be a good eater!


Yum Yum carrots!



I can't believe that the holidays are just around the corner.  I think life goes by faster after you have a baby.  We are trying to enjoy every minute of it!!  It is going to be so much fun getting to share the holidays with our sweet little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment