Monday, November 8, 2010

The Dreaded Master Bedroom

I know this is mainly a blog all about Oliver, but I know some of you are curious about a little makeover in the Doyle house so I decided to share (don't worry I will post some pics of Ollie at the end).  I decided to start a new project or should I say a very very long overdue project!!  Why now???  Since day one of moving into this house we have worked on every room of the house except our bedroom. Our bedroom was the most hideous room in the house....truly awful.  It was the only room with white walls...a mixed group of blah furniture....not so cute bedding...etc... 

Well during our fabulous Halloween party Brittany was getting the tour of the house when we reached the end of the hallway to a closed door and Jacob and I quickly said oh that is our bedroom and bathroom....really ugly...you don't want to see it ...ok the end lets turn around!!!  Yes!! We dodged that one or so I thought until later that night when we were laying in bed staring at our room when I brought up our tour with Brittany.  I was so glad she didn't see our room and then Jacob said... SHE DID!!!.....WHAT?!?!? I was mortified!  He said that she was not feeling well due to so medicine she was taking and needed to go to the bathroom but someone was in the hall bathroom and so yes that meant that the only one left was the master bathroom (which by the way is condemned and we don't even use it!) through our awful room!!!

Okay Thats it!!! I knew something had to be done!!!  So this weekend we finally put PAINT on the walls!!!! Crazy I know...the Crows would be so proud!! Along with paint I bought new fancy bedding that I have had my eye on for a couple of weeks and even put up some curtains!!! Yes now some how our bedroom is the only room with curtains...hahaha!  There is still a lot to do but it is definitely a big improvement and now we don't have to shut our door when guests come over!! So a big THANK YOU to Brittany!!  I decided for now not to post any pictures since I got some of my ideas from some very creative bloggers and I haven't quite figured out how to give them credit for it yet.  I am still learning this whole blogging thing!

So now for a little update on Oliver!!  He is getting so big and is becoming quite the comedian.  He fake coughs when he wants to get your attention and then gives you the biggest grin when you look at him.  Not sure if we want him to continue fake coughing but sometimes we can't help by laugh.  He has started to talk all through church and play peek-a-boo with everyone behind us.  I try so hard not to laugh at him but it is hard to resist his sweet face!!  His six month pictures are coming up on December 4th and I cant wait!!! Christmas cards maybe a little late this year but they will be well worth the wait!

Here are some pics that hadn't got posted yet:

Oliver at his 1st Pumpkin Shine


WHO DAT



Ollie and Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment