Monday, November 1, 2010

Oliver's Spooktacular 1st Boo Day!!


We have lived in our house for three years and never been here for Halloween.  Jacobs parents have always done Halloween at there house (the rock house on Ockley).  Lisa loves Halloween and has boxes and boxes and boxes of Halloween decorations.  So when they sold their house earlier this year we knew there would be no more spooky Halloween nights on Ockley.  When I decided to have a Halloween party for Oliver I never imagined how big it would be.  I printed 20 adorable picture invitations from the internet and of course I had to keep one for myself.  So I had only 19 invitations to mail out and I had to be selective.  I sent them to close family and friends and spread the word to a few others.  Now that we had a time and a place (our house) it was on to the spooky menu.  I made a cheese ball that looked like a pumpkin and some chicken monster claws.  Ollie's Grammy made mini mummy dogs, shrimp dip made out of a chest mold and some punch.  Tutu made spider web seven layer dip and Kelly made yummy sausage balls.   There was nothing creepy about the sausage balls; they were requested and just plain good!  Last but not least was desert and who better to make it than Laura the talented cake designer!! The pumpkin spiced filled cake was fabulous and a big hit.


Finding a Halloween costume for our little Oille was not very easy.  I found several cute costumes but all of them would have swallowed him up and I was not letting him be "the situation" for his first Halloween.  Yes that was Jacob's vote of course.  In come Tutu to the rescue and off to Hobby Lobby we went to find a cute pattern.  Thats right Oliver is so special he had a custom made one of kind costume.  Oliver was the cutest crab ever!!
Ollie getting fitted for his crab legs
Ollie the crab!!
Oliver and Kelly

I bought some Halloween decorations for the inside of the house and Jacob brought home all of his parents scary decorations for the outside.  After Jacob started trying to rearrange my house I let him be in charge of decorating the outside as long as he left the inside of the house to ME!!  

The outside
 (I forgot to take some pics in the daylight...so you cant see all of it but it turned out great!)






The Inside









Pictures from the party and some of our wonderful guests!!

 Barry, Gran Jan, Granny and Papaw
 Ollie with his grandpa and grandma 
 Oliver getting kisses from his great grandma
 Ollie with another grandma (my mom) and I
He is such a lucky boy!!
 Oliver, his Great Aunt Carli and I
Oliver with Gam and Pop and I
 Kyle and Elizabeth Rose
Ollie with one of his Great Grandmas
 My sweet sweet Oliver!!
Jason and Oliver
(Isn't he a natural?!)
 Mommy Daddy and Ollie

Meagan and Tiramisu relaxing after the party
(They have a hate hate relationship)

So many friends and family came to celebrate Oliver's first Halloween.  We are so blessed to have such wonderful and important people in our lives.  Jacob and I cannot thank everyone enough for all the help it took to make this party happen.  Oliver is so lucky to be surrounded by so much LOVE!! THANK YOU AND WE LOVE YOU ALL!!

And to the Crows we miss ya'll SO much and wished ya'll could have been there!!!! It is time to come back home!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment